• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Cholesterol and diet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sony123

Bluelighter
i have recently started lifting and eating more, to try and pack on some muscle mass. usually i eat two eggs for breakfast, but eggs contain a lot of cholesterol. that alone puts me over the daily recommended cholesterol level. i also have a protein shake which has about 60mg of cholesterol. should i cut the eggs out of my diet? if so what is protein rich that i can eat for breakfast that is not high in cholesterol?

The effect of dietary cholesterol on blood serum cholesterol is grossly overrated. LDL produced in the liver in response to high insulin levels has the most significant impact on "bad" cholesterol levels.

If you're that concerned about the cholesterol in eggs though, you can always switch to an egg white product like Egg Beaters.

If you want to gain weight your going to have to eat fat. But it doesnt mean you eat junk food.

Soy and hemp.

I make a yummy drink out of soy protein powder, stevia, cocoa powder (undutched), carob powder, and molasses.

If you want to gain weight your going to have to eat fat. But it doesnt mean you eat junk food.

The OP neither said he was trying to put on weight nor eating junk food. Since when do you need fat to put on weight (although how could you not get enough fat, it's delicious <3).

Dietary cholesterol really has no effect just make sure you cut down on the saturated fat if your concerned about cholesterol.

i have recently started lifting and eating more, to try and pack on some muscle mass. usually i eat two eggs for breakfast, but eggs contain a lot of cholesterol. that alone puts me over the daily recommended cholesterol level. i also have a protein shake which has about 60mg of cholesterol. should i cut the eggs out of my diet? if so what is protein rich that i can eat for breakfast that is not high in cholesterol?

If I am not mistaken, eggs contain a lot of cholestrol, but they don't tranlate to higher LDL cholestrol in your body. I could be mistaken, but I think eggs are not a huge concern when it comes to cholestrol.

Soy and hemp.

I make a yummy drink out of soy protein powder, stevia, cocoa powder (undutched), carob powder, and molasses.

The OP neither said he was trying to put on weight nor eating junk food. Since when do you need fat to put on weight (although how could you not get enough fat, it's delicious <3).

Actually, he said he was trying to gain muscle mass. Is there a difference beteen "weight" and "mass?" Seems like he did say he was trying to gain weight.

And I would have to agree with the person who said he needs to eat fat also. It is hard to eat a high calorie diet (necessary for gaining muscle mass) withotu eating fat.

Soy and hemp.

He said hes eating and weightlifting to pack on muscle mass. I assume he meant he wanted to gain weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.